Thursday, October 29, 2015

PUSSY POWER #3.jpg
PUSSY POWER
50.
Fashion designer, rapper and dancer Olivia Jade Corbett presented her Prophetic Activist Art Project this week, entitled: "Conjoint" (http://www.getconjoint.com).  Her presentation included a talk about her work, her motivations, an exploration of her products and activist intentions and then a brief rap, all for the edification of Institute participants.
Olivia says of her work:

I Believe in Breaking Free from Limitation 

Hi, I’m Olivia Jade Corvett and CONJoint is a brand for waking spirits. I am an activist artist that believes in empowering young minds through street-wear and pop-culture, combining subtle design with a bold message. As a fashion designer based in New York City with over a decade's experience in the industry, I aim to make it today's currency to choose ethically-evolved apparel, lifestyle and attitudes. I feel that looking fresh also means feeling fresh, while being informed and uplifting those around us. I create apparel for the artistic, expressive and urban soul that choose their own choices and entertain the possibility that anything is possible. Our locally made t-shirts are manufactured in Brooklyn, NY with 100% organic cotton jersey and USA made materials. Adventurous in nature, these original, quality vinyl-printed tees are emotive, intelligent and wearable statements..

 

Why Did I Start CONJoint?

 


I have a vision for CONJoint to be a brand that represents artists of all mediums, entrepreneurship and collaboration. The name CONJoint means oneness, or togetherness. On this journey there have been moments when I exclaimed to strangers, "Own your Pussy Power!" or "We're all born Creators!", so it felt fitting for us to wear these empowering states of being as statement tees. CONJoint is integral to my Brand of Being™ in that I question the materials I source, the products I consume and the systems that I follow. And I challenge everybody to tap into this higher state of consciousness that simply asks for a moment of observance and a contemplation for change. We need evolved souls in every field inventing and lighting the way toward a savvy and sound future for all. This plea for sanity and secularity is reflective of CONJoint's company philosophy to raise humanity's consciousness. And it is my own personal mission to ensure the welfare of others, by striving for basic human, animal and environmental rights, socioeconomic equality and female empowerment.









No comments:

Post a Comment